PRE-RIGHTS is co-financed by the European Union’s Justice Programme (2014-2020).
Addressing the issue of prevention of radicalisation, it aims at achieving better coordination to promote judicial cooperation concerning the legal prevention of crime in the framework of fundamental rights, towards a more efficient and coherent application of the EU mutual recognition instruments in criminal matters (such as the European Investigation Order – EIO and the European Arrest Warrant – EAW).
The CEI-ES is responsible for project coordination, as well as for the implementation of dissemination and training activities.
PRE-RIGHTS activities are envisaged to increase the capacity of legal practitioners and authorities to address issues related to judicial prevention in criminal investigations and to increase competences of prison judges and police to address prevention from a legal and procedural point of view: to do so, an innovative platform (supertoolkit.eu) has been developed to provide professionals with the chance to access training contents, best practices, and advice from relevant experts.
Lead Partner / Coordinator
Central European Initiative – Executive Secretariat (Italy)
- Center for the Study of Democracy (Bulgaria)
- Agenfor International Foundation (Italy)
- Universita TA Malta (Malta)
- Qualify Just - IT Solutions and Consulting LDA (Portugal)
- Bremen Senate of Justice and Constitution (Germany)
- Kentro Meleton Asfaleias (Greece)
- Universitatea Romano Americana Asociatie (Romania)