Inter-Connect was co-financed by the Interreg ADRION Programme. It aimed at revitalising rail use in the ADRION region by promoting specific actions to support public transport intermodality. Policy makers were supported through knowledge transfers and trainings, to better evaluate and address mobility priorities to achieve sustainability goals.
Besides the dissemination activities, the CEI-ES was in charge of a study for promoting inter-modality – the connectivity between the public transport system in Trieste and the seasonal maritime lines operating towards Slovenia and Croatia (Sub-case A); and the potential development of a new maritime service that connects Trieste not only with Muggia but also with neighbouring Koper (Sub-case B). The Project mainly focused on: hub clustering, identification of current and future trip generating poles, user surveys for mobility needs and expectations’ understanding, mapping of drivers, establishment of cooperation schemes, soft mobility measures and examination of funding opportunities, and roadmap formulations.
Inter-Connect PLUS, a capitalization project co-funded by the Interreg ADRION Programme in 2022, will seek to update key outputs of the Inter-Connect project and assess the COVID-19 pandemic’s impacts on passenger transport solutions in the ADRION area.
|INTER-CONNECT||01/01/2018 - 31/03/2021|
|INTER-CONNECT PLUS||01/01/2022 - 30/06/2022|
- Municipality of Igoumenitsa (Greece)*
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (Greece)*
- Institute for Transport and Logistics Foundation (Italy)*
- Emilia-Romagna Region – General Directorate for Territorial and Environmental safeguard (Italy)*
- Central European Initiative – Executive Secretariat (Italy)*
- Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region (Slovenia)*
- HZ Passenger Transport Ltd. (Croatia)*
- Port of Bar Holding company (Montenegro)
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy (Albania)*
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia - Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Belgrade (Serbia)
- Municipality of Ioannina (Greece)
- Start Romagna S.p.A. (Italy)
- Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia – Central Directorate for infrastructure and territory (Italy)
- Durres Port Authority (Albania)
- Transport and Logistics Managers Association "TRANSPORTLOG" (Serbia)
- *Inter-Connect PLUS partnership