ICARUS was co-financed by the Interreg Italy-Croatia CBC Programme. It aimed at improving passenger intermodal transport connections and easing coast-hinterland sustainable accessibility, by promoting car-independent lifestyles and introducing solutions based on innovative technologies to adapt smart mobility in a digital world.
The Central European Initiative – Executive Secretariat coordinated the communication and dissemination activities to ensure the transferability of the achieved results to the whole cross-border territory and wider to the entire EUSAIR area.
To this end, the CEI-ES supported partners in promoting stronger, smarter and sustainable cross-border connections achieved through the harmonisation of timetables, availability of car/bike sharing within transport nodes, innovative ICT solutions for seamless flow of information, integrated intelligent multimodal payment systems, dynamic travel planning and cross-border intermodal services.
Lead Partner/ Coordinator
- Regional Agency for Productive Activities (Arap Abruzzo) – (Italy)
- Autonomous Region Of Friuli Venezia Giulia – (Italy)
- Venice International University – (Italy)
- Passenger Transport – (Croatia)
- Intermodal Transport Cluster – (Croatia)
- Emilia-Romagna Region – (Italy)
- Central European Initiative Executive Secretariat – (Italy)
- Istrian Development Agency – Ida Ltd – (Croatia)
- Metropolitan City Of Venice – (Italy)