Organised every two years by the Trieste Contemporanea Committee, the competition is open to designers from all 17 CEI countries as well as from Germany, Turkey and the Baltic Countries. The CEI prize is addressed to the best design from non-EU CEI countries. The jury meeting is usually hosted at the CEI HQ.
- Past winners
- 2018: Milan Ranković, Serbia
- 2014: Ivana Sovilj, Serbia
- 2012: Ena Priselec, Croatia
- 2010: Aliaksei Hur, Belarus
- 2008: Vladimir Stankovic, Serbia
- 2006: Marija Hristovska, North Macedonia