FORTIS is co-financed by the Interreg Italy-Slovenia CBC Programme. It aims at improving and harmonising cross-border public transport services and increasing the knowledge and the best practice exchange on vehicle registration and licensing procedures in Italy and Slovenia. This will be achieved through institutional cooperation among the main decision-makers in both countries, who are hampering the implementation of further efficient cross-border connections.
The Central European Initiative – Executive Secretariat is coordinating a group of four partners who will focus on analysing the existing public transport connections along the border, to identify and test new innovative solutions for the improvement of the public transport in the cross-border area. The CEI-ES is responsible for the promotion of the integrated train-bus ticket between Italy and Slovenia, a follow-up activity of the CONNECT2CE project.
FORTIS will provide also two case studies, on administrative and legislative procedures in vehicle registration and licensing procedures and the second one on crossborder maritime connections between Italy and Slovenia.
Lead Partner / Coordinator
- Central European Initiative Executive Secretariat
- Autonomous Region Friuli Venezia Giulia (Italy)
- Municipality of Koper (Slovenia)
- Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana urban region (Slovenia)
- Unioncamere Veneto (Italy)
- EGTC – Euroregio Senza Confini (Italy)
- Municipality of Muggia (Italy)
- Public Transport Company of Ljubljana (Slovenia
- Slovenian Railways (Slovenia)
- Confarca FVG (Italy
- Municipality of Trieste (Italy
- Nomago (Slovenia)
- Arriva Dolenjska in Primorska d.o.o (Slovenia)
- Slovene Ministry of Infrastructure (Slovenia)
- IUAV Venice University (Italy)
- Auto-moto zveza Slovenije (Slovene automobile association) (Slovenia)
- Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency (Slovenia)