Know-how Exchange Programme
The Know-how Exchange Programme (KEP) is an instrument supporting projects and programmes focused on the transfer of know-how and best practices from EU to non-EU CEI Member States. It operates through calls for proposals.
- Italy, through the CEI Fund at the EBRD, has been financing KEP projects ever since the inception of the Programme. It has so far committed more than 2.2 million EUR for 80 projects;
- Austria, with funds from the Austrian Development Cooperation - through an agreement with the Austrian Development Agency - has been financing the Programme since 2008. It has so far contributed around 900.000 EUR for 31 projects;
- Poland has contributed with 50.000 EUR to projects co-financed together with Italy.
- Strengthen economic and social advancement of the non-EU CEI Member States;
- Help the recent EU members in their transformation from recipients to donors (emerging donors) of development assistance;
- Promote principles of foreign development aid and support international collaboration among institutions in CEI member countries.
Calls for Proposals for the selection of KEP Projects are launched on a yearly basis.