We as an intergovernmental organisation bridging Europe since its very beginning, wish to contribute by addressing the global COVID-19 outbreak on several fronts – through moral support but also through tangible action.
The CEI is doing its utmost to safeguard its staff, while making sure the activities of the Organisation continue for the benefit of its Member States, of all partners and friends; and until we recover and succeed in countering this threat, we must act together and look after one another.
To this end, in order to comprehensively support our interlocutors, in our endeavor to countering this pandemic, awareness raising is crucial. We have, thus, elaborated this special section on our website where you can get the latest news and answers to your questions from reliable sources and find information on protection measures we all should always bear in mind.
Due to the tremendous outbreak, we are also willing to provide some financial support for example for fostering distance learning given the difficulties schools are facing; encouraging smart working, promoting international scientific research, assiting public health professionals, in particular through know-how sharing and experience and fostering telemedicine where remote diagnosis and treatment of patients by means of telecommunications technology would be ever more useful today!
A call for proposals to cover all these different remote needs will be available soon!
- Basic protective measures
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene (covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately).
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover.
- If you develop fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly as this may be due to a respiratory infection or other serious condition.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider